When: This Saturday 15th July 2017.
Times: 10:30-2:30 for fruit trees. 1pm for Tour.
Why: The most delicious, unique and cheapest fruit trees anywhere!
The annual Heritage Fruit Tree Grafting event is happening again at ECOSS this July. The amazing Neil Barraclough (& friends) will again bring an incredible collection of heritage and rare fruit trees varieties that you can make perfect for your soil and location. Imagine: Apples, Pears, Cherries, Peaches & Plums with real flavour in your backyard!
We’ve again joined forces with Yarra Valley ECOSS, which is a brilliant venue, with loads of inspiration in their gardens for you to enjoy and dream. Click for Google maps, but the address is 711 Old Warburton Rd, Wesburn VIC 3799 Parking is limited on site, please park in Wesburn Park, directly opposite ECOSS. The venue will suit us no matter the weather, but ideally we will be outside, so dress accordingly.
- At 10:30 Neil will provide a brief talk and workshop on the grafting process and purpose.
- From 11am-2:30pm you will be able to select your own favourite varieties, or bring one along you’d like to save; we will either instruct you in how to do it, or do it for you as you wish.
- ECOSS is also hosting the grand tour on the day, come and check out the Indigenous Reconciliation Fire Pit, the Koori Cubby, the Earthbag Cubby, The Coop, the Community Garden, BioDynamic Garden, Pottery Studio and more!
- Delicious lunch options will be available.
- Tea and Coffee will be available throughout.
- Costs: $5 entrance fee, Trees $15, Scion $5. Orders for Multi-graft Trees will be taken on the day for later delivery, and selected advanced trees may be available.
- Five grafting kits will be available for purchase $30, including tape and knife.
This day is being run in partnership with Rare and Heritage fruit tree network.. Plants and seedlings grown in their organic nursery will be for sale.